Comprehensive Oral Examinations
Here at White Smiles, we take your oral health and systemic health seriously. At your initial visit, you will receive a comprehensive exam by either Dr. Shannon or Dr. Preston as well as a complete periodontal examination. This comprehensive oral exam will include the following:
- Review of medical history and any pre-existing medical conditions or medications that may alter your oral health
- Review of past dental history/complete charting of existing dental treatment
- Oral cancer screening examination of all soft and hard tissues
- Complete periodontal examination
- Thorough assessment of your soft tissues and gums to check for any signs of periodontal disease
- Full mouth series of radiographs that provide diagnostic images of your teeth as well as bone levels
- Examination for decay and evaluation of existing restorations.
- Intraoral photographs of any specific problem areas so we can better show you our concerns
- Consultation with Dr. Preston or Dr. Shannon about any specific concerns or desires you may have.
- You can expect to be at your initial visit for approximately one and a half hours. We are meticulous and leave no stone unturned when it comes to your oral health. If you’re ready to get your oral health back to optimal levels, please give us a call at 417-887-6882 today!
Starting Comprehensive Oral Examinations at a young age is a great way to prevent oral health problems for your kids when they get older. We offer kid-friendly pediatric dental care and would love the opportunity to meet your kiddos. White Smiles Family Dental offers comprehensive preventative dentistry services. Call us today to schedule your appointment.